When it comes to finding a mail carrier you have plenty of options. To list a few:
- Canada Post
- UK Royal Mail
- Australia Post
Shipping couriers base their rates on a variety of factors. Everything from weight and size, departing and destination country, as well as extras like insurance and tracking.
All shipping couriers base shipping rates on a variety of factors including, but not limited to:
- Package Size
- Package Weight
- Departing Country/City
- Destination Country/City
- Tracking Options
- Insurance Options
- Volume of Orders
- Negotiated Discounts
Below is a list of shipping calculators for some of the most popular shipping couriers so you can easily find the most cost-effective option for your business needs.
Setting Up Business Shipping Accounts
Once you have decided on the carriers you want to use, you’ll want to consider setting up business accounts with them. Business accounts offer a variety of services including discounts, better expense tracking and a whole host of online tools to more efficiently manage the shipping aspects of your business, and some will include discounts on your shipping.
Here’s a list of some of the most popular shipping carriers with direct links to get set up with a business account:
- USPS- Sign up for USPS Promotions and Incentives, save money with Automation Discounts and unlock the power of your Mailer ID
- Canada Post- This free program, previously called VentureOne, now gives your business more services, tools and savings. Save 5% on shipping and packaging products as well as upgraded services on parcel shipping.
- UK Royal Mail- Manage all your shipping expense and invoices in one place.
- Australia Post- A Business Credit Account with Australia Post will allow you to charge many of the common services directly to your account for better management of your expenses.
- FedEx-Save up to 16% on select FedEx Express services and 8% on select FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services when you use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com or FedEx Ship Manager Software.
- UPS- Get a 20% small business discount and manage all your shipments, package tracking, billing schedules and package pick up schedules.
- DHL- 30%** savings on all of our world-class international services when you open a new account.
Note: Some carriers may require a minimum number of shipped packages per day/week or month. Make sure you check with your selected carriers to find out if they have any minimums.