The Sales Predictions tool enables you to evaluate the potential performance of your products and listings on eBay.* It tells you:
- How likely a particular product and listing are to generate a sale
- In a particular listing category
- Over the next 30 days
- Which products to sell or continue to sell on eBay.com
- Which keywords to include in your listing title
- What listing format to use for the best sale likelihood
- What fixed price or auction start price to set
|*||Predictions are currently provided only for sale likelihoods on eBay.com, and only using prices measured in US dollars. Non-USD prices for active listings will be converted to USD before sale likelihoods are calculated.|
Getting Sales Predictions for Your Current Listings
To get sales predictions for your current eBay or Shopify listings, follow these steps:
- Ensure that you have linked a seller account to Terapeak.
- Click "Sales Predictions" in your Terapeak navigation bar.
- Select one of your linked seller accounts from the drop-down list in the Sales Predictions tool.
The tool will then display sales predictions for items in your active inventory.
Getting Sales Predictions for Products You Don't Yet Sell
To get sales predictions for products that aren't currently for sale on an eBay or Shopify seller account that you have linked to Terapeak, follow these steps:
- Create a CSV file formatted for Sales Predictions that lists the product(s) you'd like to evaluate.
- Click on the "CSV" button in the Sales Predictions tool.
- Select the CSV file you created in order to upload it.
The tool will then display sales predictions for items in the CSV file you uploaded.*
|*||When uploading CSV data to Sales Predictions, only keywords and price are evaluated when calculating probabilities. This calculation differs slightly from the one used to evaluate listings from linked seller accounts, in which item condition and listing format are also considered.|
Evaluating and Acting on Predictions
Once you have used the tool to receive predictions either for your current eBay or Shopify items or from a list of items you've uploaded in a CSV file, you'll see a view like this one:
Each line shows a product that has been evaluated, the eBay category used for the evaluation, the price that was evaluated, and the likelihood of sale in that category, at that price, over the next 30 days.
- Scores shown in red or orange can likely be improved with changes in your keywords, price, or listing format.
- Scores shown in green represent keyword, price, and format combinations that are likely to perform relatively well.
- Compare your score against the average score shown for the category to evaluate your likely performance relative to other items in the same category.
Increasing the Likelihood of Sale
To increase the likelihood that an item will sell, adjust one or more of the following:
- The listing/product title and the keywords that you have used to describe it (most important)
- The price at which you're selling (less important)
- The listing format you use or plan to use (less important)
To test particular keyword and price combinations rapidly, use the "Single" tab in the Sales Predictions tool.
The "Single" tab enables you to score particulars keyword/price combinations manually and rapidly.
How Predictions are Calculated
Predictions are probabilities based only on the recent performance, in the category shown, of:
- The keywords in your title
- Other items at your price
- Other listings using the same buying format
- Other items in the same condition
Of these, keywords often have the largest impact.
Sales Predictions uses a carefully tuned model of eBay category performance to calculate the sale probabilities that it returns.